Friday, August 13, 2010

The Plans

Last Sunday afternoon the baby and I started to the hospital to do a follow up sleep study on her. I was a nervous wreck. I am not use to doing this doctor stuff with out my wife by my side. We had decided I would take her so my wife could go to work and get off the next week to see our oldest daughter at cheer camp. Any way the sleep study went well. We do not have the results back yet but for me it was not bad. So during all of this I really missed my wife and had thoughts about just how good she is. So I concocted a plan. She got flowers yesterday and I plan on caring her out to eat tomorrow night. Just a little jester to say thank you for all you do. We will be going to this nice restaurant down town. Really it is the only nice restaurant around. The part I have not figured out is how to tell her we are going out to eat. My plan is to give my parents a note that they deliver to her at 5:00 pm and it basically says be ready to leave at 6:00 and at that time my parents take the kids. But what if she is not home. She may be out shopping with her mom. she may be, well who know. I should just relax and run with it as it flows. I will let you all know what happens. I love surprising my wife.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to be appreciative for things people do. It makes the world around you seem a little better and it's just an all around good feeling. What a good guy you are.
    Let us know how it turns out.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. Love it. Now the main objective should be to keep doing things like this. Doesn't have to be big, just thoughtful stuff that shows your affection. You two have a lot of years to show deep love and appreciation for one another. Don't lose this touch.

    While we're on the subject, do the very same show of love, affection and appreciation for your parents. There isn't a day that passes when I don't think about and miss my mom and dad. There isn't a day that passes when I remember all the missed opportunities to show my love and appreciation but instead chose to be a self centered, thoughtless, sorry ass son. True, so sadly true. I know that I was a big disappointment to them. Unfortunately it took their passing for me to reflect on the relationship and wish there was such a thing as do overs.

    So, from one sage elder to a pup who's still learning the ways of this life, don't neglect your loved ones. A daily phone call to your mom would be something she would come to treasure. You work with your dad so there's probably stuff you could do to show your love for you him that didn't go overboard that would bring on his comment . . . something like, "What are you, fucking nuts? What's wrong with you?! Have you slipped a nut?" You know what I mean.

    Loved this post, Bigger.

    ReplyDelete