Monday, August 30, 2010

Blown away

Well here he comes, Earl. The big bad storm. I am a little concerned about this one. Weather forecast shows it to be a cat 4 before brushing off the east coast. I have seen this before and the storm always wants to inch westward. In the past I liked hurricanes. It gave me a break from school. Usually knocked out the power and we have to rough it. But as I have gotten older I realise there is not much good from one of these storms. We have 16 homes with land we own for the business plus our personal residences and 13 houses on our sales lot. A lot can go wrong with this. Also I am suppose to set a house Wednesday that has a raised roof. I do not remember another storm other than Floyd that has been bad. Floyd flooded the small town where my sister sales lot is. In fact, it sits in a flood area. The only good out of that storm was I met my wife. This week will be interesting to say the least. I will keep yall posted on what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers that you and your family stay safe. I'll be thinking about you. Please keep us updated. I can't fathom what this is like to have to deal with weather like this. Scarey.
    Best to you Bigger
    OXOO

    ReplyDelete