Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pecan Nuts



Well here they are. As Bob called them, they are pecan nuts. These are some of the first to come on our trees. They are on the Pawnee trees. Our Stuart and Desirables are not producing like we wish. But come fall there will be enough nuts to pick up that is for sure. We planted 271 trees and now have a little over 200 left. We have replanted and replanted. Lost some to a drought and some to a freeze and others we are not for sure why. It has been a learning experience. But I enjoy them. We cut the grass about every other week and have to spray round up about every 6 weeks. It has become a big chore but we feel like it will pay off. at least for me and my sister. My parents will end up spending must of the money and my sister and I will benefit from it. I say we but my father does must of the spraying and me and my mother split the mowing. My sister is in Pharmacy School but she did ride the mower some this year. So here are my nuts. Sex does sell and since I have never found my niche in the sex industry I deal with nuts, just a bunch of nuts. So far we have produced enough to feed my family's love for nuts. And as it looks that might be the same case this year. But one day maybe in your local grocer you will see Biggers Nuts in person and I hope you pick up a bag.

4 comments:

  1. You have lovely nuts. But you might want to have those things looked at.....they are green and spotted.
    Is that the big plan eventually...to sell them? Cool. I never knew a person who sells their nuts. It sounds ike it takes a lot of work to take care of your nuts also.
    Let us put it this way....if I got to close to your nuts, I would die.
    I'm allergic to nuts. :) But if I saw your nuts anywhere I would tell everyone ttry your nuts. Does your wife like your nuts? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! NICE NUTS!!!! Just as I suspected.

    Do you plan on using some of the nuts for pecan pie? That would definitely be a good use of your nuts, Bigger. Nuts just cannot lay idle and do nothing meaningful. They must have purpose in life. Except for those people who are fucking nuts. That's another story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laroo. it is a shame you are allergic to nuts. My nuts do have spots and have been sprayed for it. maybe I will plant a peach tree so you can have a Bigger fuzzy naval





    Bob. We do pecan pies, brownies with pecans, blueberry crunch, and a whole lot more that I cant think of now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuuuuuuum! Pecan pie omg. I had one thanksgiving in the US and I had my first pecan pie then. We don't do pecan pie so much down here in Aus. Not only did I try pecan pie for the first time on thanksgiving, also cherry pie and pumpkin pie. Wow. You guys really know how to do pie there, all three were amazing, my mouth is watering now just thinking about it.

    I bet you make really lovely pies.

    x c

    ReplyDelete