Monday, April 12, 2010

The Wekend


I hit the ground running this morning. Got a lot going on at work. Which is great. also my garden is looking great. I plan on planting quiet a bit more this coming up week end. Had a argument yesterday with my wife. I will tell my side but as you all know there are more than one side to every story.

I let wife sleep Sunday morning until 11:30 I got up with both kids about 8:30 which is not bad. My parents cooked lunch for us. I washed clothes and cleaned some while she slept. Then we went to town to get cleats for my daughter for her first tee ball practice. we went to tee ball practice we got back home at about 5:00. I have told my wife I wanted to work in the garden. she took the kids and went back to town to get my youngest daughter some medicine. I got to the shop about 5:30 worked in the garden and finished early. Then I started to work in the pecan trees. (We have a Pecan orchard we have to tend also) My wife and kids came back. Well my oldest daughter wanted to stay with me. No problem. But at 7:00 only 1 1/2 hours from when I started my wife was calling. she was pissed because we where not home yet. My house is only 100 yards from the orchard and I was almost done. It is hard to type all of this. basically our daughter has a 8:30 bed time on school nights. I did not get her home until 8:00. My wife made the comment that I always have to help my parents in the most inopportune time. well she Knew I wanted to work in the garden and what other time did I have yesterday. It just really pissed me off. Its not like I am out drinking or getting high or anything like that. I am basically working. Our orchard has potential to be my families and my sisters families retirement but my wife does not see it that way. As much as I love her she does know how to piss me off. Man I do feel Better


To any one who is religious will you say a prayer for my coworker. Her mother passed about 2 weeks ago and now her father has had a heart attack. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Like you said, there is usually two sides. I get where you're coming from though. The best time to talk about stuff like this is when all is calm and maybe bring up you feelings about the importance of what you were doing at the orchard and don't get into the blame game. Let her know that you realize your daughters bedtime and it's not a common happening, it just happened and things like that every now and then aren't bad. We all as married couples know how to push each others buttons. Understanding why we do it is another thing????
    I'm not religious, but I am a human with a heart and lots of caring and I will surely send my love and thoughts your way for your friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete