Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Democrat Or Republican


Wow. I don't get political and this will no way down either party. Well it does one but I will not disclose which one it is.

Me and the Wife where invited to a reverse drawing for a local political group. We have a family member who is running for an elected office. This family member is one who was married into the family under bad circumstances. We really do care for this family member but have to do somethings because of the situation (Its a long story). Anyway, We arrived at this event in causal affair to see some people in suits and some in shorts and t-shirts. that was no problem. Then we ate. The food was good. Then the reverse drawing took place. First off they had the # board behind where they were all standing and you could not see the #s. Second they where suppose to sell 200 tickets and by the time they called out all the open #s they had only sold 162. That was no big deal either. but then they started calling out #s they forgot to take the #s off the board. the tumbler door would not latch so they could not mix the #s up that good. and at one point they dropped about half of all the #s out of the tumbler. It was the most unorganized thing I have ever seen. And these people want to help run a country. They cant run a revers drawing. Oh how I feel sorry for my kids because they will be the ones to catch what is being done now.

Some people may think I am out of line but, There is a very small local vfd close to my house who holds a revers drawing every year. there 300 tickets always sell out and if you don't get yours early you want get one. I know because I did not get one last year. this event runs smooth and is very fun to attend. No drunk lawyers or back stabbing politicians. I think I will vote for the fire chief in this next election.

1 comment:

  1. I won Wifey in a reverse drawing. I'm not sure if that's the good or bad news......wifey requires a lot of money and a lot of attention to keep her happy.

    ReplyDelete