Tuesday, July 12, 2016

What a morning (Late posting this)

Lets start with my night.  I went to a local race track with a couple of guys and watched a race.  I didn't get home till 11:30 last night.  As I figured there where 3 people in my bed so I was forced to the couch. I didn't sleep at all.  I am still coughing so much and just do not sleep.  I awoke many times from all my coughing and I have cramped my side from all the coughing.  It hurts pretty bad if I turn the right way or cough today.  So this morning I got up and got ready, Carried the girls to the summer sitter and took off to work.  I was to meet my father to go look at a couple of houses on a dealership that has been closed down.  Ever one always calls us to clean up there mess LOL.  So I get there of course I'm in my flip flops, shorts and my beach shirt.  My normal apparel for work.  I am greeted by a well dressed gentleman.  I shook is hand spoke and we walked to the house to be looked at.  While inside I noticed that there was a customer inside.  We sent the customer to one of our other locations and continued looking at the first house.  Then to the 2nd house.  That is where I learned that the gentleman that shook my hand was the owner of a house manufacturer.  Interesting I thought.  Why would he be here?  Then I learned that the other guy was a sales rep.  Was very confusing as to why these two gentleman where showing us these two old houses.  After talking and conversation It was noted by the sales rep that we are a volume dealer and even though there are 2 other people looking at these houses they both would like to see our company get this location.  That's when it all started to come together for me.  See as I have said before we are a well known company in our business.  Not because we want to be.  We would rather fly under the radar.  Make our money and just live life.  But when it all came down to it.  This manufacturer wants us to buy this lot and carry his product.  Its amazing that these opportunities fall at our feet like this.  Just makes us feel good about how we do business and how we are perceived in the eyes of our competition and manufacturers and also out contractors.

No comments:

Post a Comment