Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The DEADLINE


As the 30th of June inches ever closer the pressure mounts. I have said before that I am in the housing industry. I am a licensed contractor in the state of NC. But I mainly over see my fathers business. Which is buying and selling new and used mobile homes, or manufactured homes, or trailers. What ever you want to call them. I have pushed hard and have all my homes that qualify for the $8000, that the government is giving, done in a timely manner. I have a final inspection on 3 of them today I know 2 have already passed. And I have a final inspection on one tomorrow. So I'm done. I made it. And then out of the blue comes one. One that the owner, my great father, told the customer we could probably make it. And we may can. Problem being I don't have a house yet. And it may be Friday before we can get it. So I have to set the home up. Get the plumbing, electrical, hvac done. Put down a septic tank. run a water line and have the home bricked and trimmed. and also have a passed final inspection by the 23rd at the latest. If my guy sets the home Monday which is when he has it scheduled unless his boys work Saturday which they may do I will have 10 days to do all this. It can be done. I just have to have the help of all my subcontractors. This is when I pull all my favors out. I Love a good challenge. The problem with this one is if I fail My customer is out $8000. Now its not my fault he waited to the last minute to buy his house. But we all know if it don't happen it will be my company's fault. Oh well it wouldn't be the first time i have dealt with an irate customer. and probably want be the last.


BIGGER OUT

1 comment:

  1. Good old dad....ahhhh, the pitfalls of being the son in a family owned business. Been there. Done that. Swore I'd never do it again. You're learning some great lessons on what to do and what not to do. Experience (and the school of hard knocks) is often the best teacher. Good luck meeting the deadline.

    ReplyDelete