Friday, May 28, 2010

Salute

I am off to the beach to celebrate Memorial Day. It will be a weekend of sitting around and doing nothing but drinking beer for me. I may do some fishing and might do some shrimping definitely some grilling. But I will keep the men and women past,present and future that serve this country on my mind. My oldest daughter has been out of school so I have had her this week. Yesterday we stopped at a store and bought a small American flag and carried it to my grandfathers grave. I like to tell my kids of how it use to be, and about the people they never met. My grandfather was in the navy. He was a drunk and I never was able to really get to know him. We did see him on some holidays and when he was on a sober streak. I figure if he served this country he deserves a flag at his grave.

I BELIEVE IT IS BECAUSE OF THESE BRAVE MEN AND WOMEN THAT I CAN SIT AROUND AND DRANK BEER THIS WEEKEND AND NOT BE TOO CONCERNED ABOUT MY FAMILY'S SAFETY IN THIS NATION!


At the top is suppose to be an American flag but I can not get my computer to copy and paste.

1 comment:

  1. (Visualizing American flag on top of blog)

    I'd hate to see a full blown war similar to WWII breakout. Back in the day our boys were rough and ready. Mud, grime, bugs, death everywhere . . . they hung in there, did the job and America still uses English as its primary language not German or Japanese.

    Today, our boys talk it but only a few can walk it. You're feeling comfortable? I'm not. Mark my words, the next war will be against China. They'll start it but I'm not certain we'll be able to finish it. Better start learning how to speak Chinese, Bigger.

    ReplyDelete