Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Survival

We survived the storm.  Wasn't to bad on the farm.  Of course now the water is rising up around everyone and there is more damage to come.  We lost at least 10 pecan trees and once its all said and done I think we will have about 15 that has to come out.  I hate that.  I really do.  But more than that I hate all the people that are displaced by this flood.  In 1999 we had the flood of the century.  A flood that is only suppose to happen every 500 years or so.  This one may be a few inches deeper.  The amount of water dropped was unbelievable.  So many swift water rescues so many lucky people to be alive.  The scanner was non stop.  Water in places water has never been before.  Now its time to watch as the river slowly overtake everything in its path while knowing there is nothing you can do.  Just watch this large body devour half the town in a slow agonizing kinda way.  Oh we were without power for only 3 days I think.  So that's was not bad at all.

In my personal life I am just here.  Just struggling to understand why I am here.  One day I will be something.  One day I will matter.  One day, I may be dead, but I will be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment