Thursday, March 21, 2013

So many things so little time.

So I have been great. Working, spending time with my kids and a little bit of poker play when I can. I have made several changes around in the past little while. For one, I no longer have TV/cable/satellite. When the wife and I split it was an expense that was not needed. Every one gives me a dumb founded look when I say I don't have TV. I quit watching the news probably over a year ago, I figured I had enough things going on in my life to not be brought down by news. Ask your self this. When was the last time you heard anything inspirational or encouraging on the news? So when then the TV was gone it was fine. Even the kids don't mention it anymore. We keep busy with other things. Another change I have had is reading. I have read more this year than in my whole life. Yes I know Harry Potter is not an educational series of books but they are great books. I'm on my last one and taking it slow because my sister told me once its over that's it there are no more :(. I do have a few books already on my kindle to read after that though. One is called Stepping Up a guide to father hood or something like that. Any way, at the mention of my sister, I am so excited to announce she is pregnant with twins. Yes you can pick yourself up off the floor. It is true. And I the big brother I am, and the one she trust, has been given the right to know the sex of both babies first and to make the reveal cake for her party. I'm so excited and scared. I plan on a 2 tier white fondant cake with pink and blue trim. I should have a picture of it to post here for all the see. With work I'm still in the new location. I'm surviving and adjusting to this change. Its growing on me. We are closer to the beach and the other morning we set a house with the slight smell of salt in the air. It was a great day and a good day. To all my blog friends I hope you are all well. I have been checking on your blogs just not been logging in to post. I just take quick sneaks when I can.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome you've taken up reading. I wish I could. I just can get myself wrapped up in it. And who cares what you read, as long as you enjoy it. It doesn't matter what it is, feed your soul the way it needs to be fed.
    Yay for you beinbg an uncle. So cool you're excited about it. You definitely need to post pics of the cake.
    Sounds like you've been busy and actually enjoying life a bit. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete