Monday, May 7, 2012

Paster Chef Bigger

There is a local festival that I cooked in this past weekend. Well......I was entered in to cook and I supplied every thing for the cooking to be done. I set every thing up and then at 1:00 am I left my help to watch the food. He was not real happy that I left him out there all night but hey!! Bigger needs his beauty sleep. I went to my local office and caught some sleep. Which was great because I was able to stay up until they gave out awards. My school cooked 3 hogs and I cooked one. It was a blast. There where about 50 people in my division and we got 16. Not to bad. Some of these boys cook hogs all the time. I just do it for fun or to help out the local benefits. But the fun thing was the skit before hand. We had a pig funeral complete with a coffin grill/cooker a picture show, and I was the preacher. I said the last words for Sir Ham. It was great especially when I heard them announce that we got first place in the showmanship division. So this was my weekend it was a blast. O! My oldest daughter has her 2nd Softball game tonight I will try and blog about it tomorrow. Thinks for the comments I have missed you all.

4 comments:

  1. MMMMMMmmmmmmm I could smell it. Sweet smell of the Que and success. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad for your first time out. Next time you cook a hog or a pig may I suggest you watch the film Deliverance and watch for the guy making sounds like a pig (that was while he was being back doored). Then make the same noise while cooking your hog. Hells bells, that alone will get you the judges attention and they'll want to be first to sample your hog calling, pig noise making meat. Last pig I cooked was the ex wife: I fried her ass real good in court!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your not on here much But somehow someday I would like to get you email. I have something to tell you.
    Hope all is good with you.

    ReplyDelete