Saturday, April 21, 2012

My First 5K

So I have a co worker who has 2 daughters in a running club at a local health center. A couple weeks ago we where talking about our work outs and I mentioned I had been running some. She said she needed someone to help her run with one of her daughters. I told her I would be glad too. So this morning I met them at the 5k run. The little girls name is Brenda, she is 8 years old. Just as cute as can be. I am proud to say that out of her running club we got first place, and her sister got 2nd. We ran in in 37:42 which was just below my goal of 38 minutes. I left after we got back but her mom said every one was talking about her/us running. I really enjoyed it. To see the look on her face as she crossed the finish line and how proud she was of her self is enough to make anyone support a kid even if it is not your own.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Bigger. I've missed your posts.

    Many of us have experienced exactly what you're experiencing. .. been there, done that, when it comes to kids, marriages, physicial issues, schooling in later years, etc. You strike me as a can do type of guy that will over-come all of the road blocks you're facing and be a better man/dad/husband (or ex).

    Be strong. Hang in there. For all you are facing remember: Like a bad meal in a Mexican restaurant, this too will pass. Are you smiling? I hope that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing things for other people feels good. It's a gift to them and yourself all wrapped into one.
    Congratulations on the run.
    Hugs Laroo

    ReplyDelete