Monday, November 7, 2016

Nice Break

This weekend was a nice break from the norm.  My parents where in the mountains and we had the whole farm to ourselves.  Now we did miss them don't get me wrong but could just do and not worry.  The stew fest was awesome.  I always love sitting around with the fire dept guys and talking, learning, comparing, you know straight guy talk.  It was just an awesome day to fellowship.  Saw so many friends and family.  Everyone "loves" me and "misses" me.  People really do care and truly miss us.  It felt so good.  We didn't win which was fine.  Just being there enjoying the fellowship was so worth it. After the stew fest I climbed my tail back into bed and went to sleep.  I was tired from all the beer I drank the night before and being up at 5am.  This is not my norm.  I got a good nap and then woke up to go burn the hole and drank beet with my BIL.  We hung out for a while and then I went back home and back to sleep.  With the time change being Saturday night I felt real good Sunday morning.  My wife went to church and gathered up our kids that had been staying off Saturday night and I stayed home to get a jump start on the house work.  I washed clothes moved the cooker, brought the tree over from the shop went to the store.  Cant remember what else I did but I did a lot to get jump started.  After all the girls got home we started to rearrange the living room so we could get our tree up.  We deep cleaned the living room and cleaned the Guineas cage.  We moved to the kitchen and on trough the house.  After getting the majority of it all done I asked my wife if I could go to the shop.  Of course she said yes.  And I started back on the 2nd wall.  I am proud to say the 2nd wall is laid out ready to be nailed together and then erected.  Still have a ways to go but after talking to my wife I think I may be close to finish framing in this week.  It feels it has taken me for ever. and it has.  But I have done it all by myself so thats where the time comes in.  having to rig up so one end of a board will stay while you nail the other board and so on.  Either way back to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment