Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thanking God

I have been able to accomplish many things lately.  I am super excited about the things I have going on.  I received a fortune cookie a while back, and though I don't believe it is actually a fortune this one I kept and taped where I can see it every day.  It said "All the preparation you've done will finally payoff."  I can see where it is finally paying off and things are turning.  I was able to bid on a house the other day and even though we lost the bid it felt great to be back in the "Flipping" game.  We are very close to getting our personal line of credit where we shouldn't have to depend on investors.  We are closing on our rental next Tuesday.  Things are moving along.  I can say the weather has been a bitch.  It has rained and rained and rained.  Everything is wet so work has been sucking and we are very backed up.  But hey, whats that old saying "Aint no hill for a climber."  I am a DAMN CLIMBER!!

Now on to the fun stuff.  Poker, I have placed in the money in both of the last 2 tourneys I have played.  I am taking my time and learning the players a little more and making smart bets.  I am playing a little more aggressive and not showing any weakness.  It may be the medicine but my mind has been able to slow down and I don't get so uptight anymore.  I also have a great poker face.  That comes from practice and lack of actual caring.  I do love Texas holdem.  I have a trip planned to play the WSOP in March and in April.  Last time I played the WSOP I bubbled. It may happen again but sitting for 12 to 13 hours playing cards to me is awesome.  Other fun stuff, I will be starting back on my girls place house this weekend.  I will be releveling and building a small 10x4 covered deck on the front.  If I have time I hope to shingle the whole playhouse and possibly install the 15 light door.  In the shop I have been really busy.  I have moved everything from the right side to the middle so we can build a 12x40 loft.  Under the loft will be the bathroom and the kitchen.  I have the plans scratched on paper and the finishing look in my head.  If I can pull all this off it will be freaking awesome.  There is also talk about hanging a screen from the rafters down and installing a projector for a huge screen where we could have the "big game" party's and racing parties.  The screen will be the last thing we do if we do it.  I am also in the progress of buying some cows.  Along with the cows I will personally be buying a couple hogs to raise for meat.  I am super excited about the hogs.  I think over the next 3 to 4 years I will be able to turn it into a small hog farm operation where we will be able to have 3 to 4 hogs slaughtered and everything will be paid for.  Its like free meat!  Lastly after or possibly before I get the hogs I will be building a Chicken coop and having 6 chickens.  This is my thought as of now.  We will see how it goes.

As you can see I keep myself busy.  I have to.  In fact yesterday we closed early because of the possibility of the bad weather and of course I went to the house and worked in the shop.  Then went home and ate supper with the fam.  At 9:00pm I told the wife I was going to lay down.  She was very surprised since I am usually up till 12 or 1.  I remember telling the girls to cut off the tv and go to bed and then I went straight to bed and slept till 7 this morning.  I was tired.  However I have now caught up on my sleep and will be going back at it strong for another month or so.  Oh I almost forgot.  I finally finished the bed.  It is pretty cool.  And we will be going to a drunking good time of a party this weekend.  Oh the joy, I have bet someone I can out drink her.  I mean really I am a 300 pound guy and she aint as big as a minute but she swears she can out drink me.  I think the 12 beer nights I have been having will put her in her place.

Also want to say thank you for the comment.  Its been so long that I figured no one was reading this blog anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment