Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy

Sorry for the lack of post I have been on the depressed side for a while. On Labor Day my wife's aunt passed. She was only 40. Having to watch my mother in law be upset hurts me. Unlike most in laws she is probably the greatest anyone could ask for. Then it got in my mind that she is the only sister left. She has 6 siblings 3 girls and 3 boys. There mother passed about 8 years ago and now 3 of the sisters have passed. They where all young, in there 50's expect this last one who was 40. It made me think about how it could all be over so quick. My mother in law is in her 50's. She is a big part of our life and it is hard to think that she may not be here much longer. There is nothing wrong with her just her family history is short. Then there is my wife who is the same blood as them. Could she go quickly? All these things have been dancing around in my head. We had the final memorial last night. It took awhile. There had to be an autopsy and then she had to get in line to be cremated. So with all that done we can move forward.


On a better note. One of my best friends got married this weekend. He had a beach wedding on the Atlantic seashore. It was beautiful and simple. I think this is a great move for him. He was married once and it did not work. This new girl who he has been with has 3 kids. She is a sweet heart and is perfect for him. Her oldest daughter made a speech to them after the wedding and it made me realise how happy they really all were. I am happy for them. I also got to see his whole family whom I have met in the past but do not see that often. Me and the oldest daughter where in the wedding.

Aint We Cute






There was a family ceremony thingy that is what the sand in the glass containers is on the table to the right. After the wedding it was a joke on the middle child. All of his sand did not fit in the jar. He got left short. It was funny. I do wish these 5 the best life ever. They are good people and deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a range of emotions you've experienced lately. . . from the very sad to being very happy. As they say, life is for the living meaning that while we mourn the dead we have to get on with our lives. Smile. Grin and bare it.

    My Aunt died an early death, too. Broke her leg. Developed a blood clot in the leg. Hospitalized. Told to stay in the hospital bed. Didn't obey this order. Got out of bed. Clot broke lose, clogged a vital artery and ZAP! she was dead. Like late 30's.

    That was a tough pill to swallow for Mom and my grandmother.

    I enjoyed the photos here (finally get to see you!) . . . you're looking good, Bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you've been going through a rough time. You never knows what life's going to hand you. It can be scarey sometimes definitely. I've been through a lot of deaths and it just doesn't ever get easy. You do have to go on because there is really no choice. You need to enjoy your life because you know the ones who passed would want you to. Plus you are a wonderful guy who deserves all the happiness life can bring. Sure, mourn the loss, because it is real and it does hurt, but give yourself and your family time to smile also.
    My best to you always.
    I'm glad you had a nice time at your friends wedding, it sounds like he met the right gal.

    ReplyDelete